Avec toutes ces nouvelles hormones qui régulent nos dépenses énergétiques, ça devient dur de suivre!
Peptides Available online 8 April 2014
In Press, Uncorrected Proof — Note to users
Three new players in energy regulation: Preptin, adropin and irisin
• Preptin, adropin and irisin are produced by many peripheral tissues.
• Preptin, adropin and irisin are three new co-workers in the regulation of energy homeostasis.
• These three new co-workers hold considerable promise for the treatment of obesity.
• This review brings together the most recent information about these three co-workers.
Homeostasis of energy is regulated by genetic factors, food intake, and energy expenditure. When energy input is greater than expenditure, the balance is positive, which can lead to weight gain and obesity. When the balance is negative, weight is lost. Regulation of this homeostasis is multi-factorial, involving many orexigenic (appetite-stimulating) and anorexigenic (appetite-suppressing) peptide hormones. Peripheral tissues are now known to be involved in weight regulation and research on its endocrine characteristics proceeds apace.
Preptin with 34 amino acids (MW 3948 kDa),
adropin with 43 amino acids and a molecular weight of (4999 kDa), and
irisin with 112 amino acids (12,587 kDa), are three newly discovered peptides critical for regulating energy metabolism.
Preptin is synthesized primarily in pancreatic beta cells, and adropin mainly in the liver and brain, and many peripheral tissues.
Irisin, however, is synthesized principally in the heart muscle, along with peripheral tissues, including salivary glands, kidney and liver.
The prime functions of preptin and adropin include regulating carbohydrate, lipid and protein metabolisms by moderating glucose-mediated insulin release.
Irisin is an anti-obesitic and anti-diabetic hormone regulating adipose tissue metabolism and glucose homeostasis by converting white to brown adipose tissue.
This review offers a historical account of these discovery and function of these peptides, including their structure, and physiological and biochemical properties. Their roles in energy regulation will be discussed. Their measurement in biological fluids will be considered, which will lead to further discussion of their possible clinical value.
Voir aussi :
- Le chewing gum augmente les dépenses caloriques
- Différence de dépenses caloriques entre groupes ethniques
- Les anti-biotiques chez les nouveaux nés feront des enfants plus gras
- Plaque vibrante, irisine et sèche
- Bientôt des nouveaux dérivés d'acides gras anaboliques ?